Bachelor of Education (Natural Sciences) Degree Programme 2018/2019 by The Open University of Sri Lanka
The Open University of Sri Lanka invites applications for Level 5 and Level 6 of the B.Ed (Nat.Sc) Degree Programme.
Bachelor of Education (Natural Sciences) Programme is a four academic year programme especially planned for Science/Mathematics teachers. The Faculty of Education conducts the level 5 and level 6 of the programme. The applicants should possess the following qualifications to register for levels 5 and 6 of the programme.
Requirements to register for Level 5
- Sc/ B.Ed students of the OUSL – Obtained eligibility in courses adding up to 72 credits and passes in courses equal to at least 45 credits at Level 3,4/5 (maximum of 6 credits from level 5 of the B.Sc programme of the OUSL)
- Others – Obtained a B.Sc (Natural Sciences) Degree from a recognized University.
Requirements to register for Level 6
- Obtained eligibility in all courses (72 credits) and passes in courses equal to 54 credits at Levels 3,4/5 (maximum of 6 credits from level 5) of the B.Sc programme of the OUSL and
- Obtained eligibility in all courses (36 credits) at Level S of the B.Ed (Nat.Sc.) Degree Programme or Exempted from all courses at level 5 of the B.Ed (Nat.Sc.) Degree Programme.
Exemptions from Level 5
- Teachers who have successfully followed the 3 year Teacher Education programme of a National College of Education and hold the Diploma in Teaching Science/Mathematics would be exempted from Level 5 of B.Ed Programme (Only for internal students)
Apply online by visiting our web page: https://payment.ou.ac.lk
Submission of Applications from: 10th December 2017
Closing Date of Applications: 12th January 2018
Application fee : Rs 350/=
Brochures containing details of the above programme can be downloded from www.ou.ac.lk Application fee could be paid online using a debit / credit card or EZCash.
Those who do not have a debit / credit card can make the payment in cash to the nearest Regional / Study centre of the OUSL. Those who need assistance in filling the on-line application form can visit the nearest Regional / Study centre of the OUSL as given below.
For more details contact to Faculty of Education : 0112 881398 Public Information Office : Tel. 0112 881256/ 327 or see below image