University of Colombo Certificate in Business English Course – Application Close on 5th September 2014
University of Colombo learn English for a business environment invites applications for the Certificate in Business English – October 2014 (25th Batch)
The course is designed for those who are interested in improving their competence in English language in order to be more successful in a business environment.
Modules taught include:
- Effective communication Icy business
- Negotiation skills
- Business letters, report & project
- Conducting & participating in meetings proposal writing
- Telephone etiquette
- Skills in conducting & facing interviews
- Making presentations using Multimedia
Free use of a well equipped Self Access Centre with web based language resources
Course Duration – Four months (60 hours)
Batch 1 – Saturday 8.00 Am to 12.15 Pm
Batch 2 – Saturday 1.00 Pm to 5.15 Pm
Batch 3 – Sunday8.00 Am to 12.15 Pm
Classes will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Course Fee (to be paid after the selection test)
- Preliminary, Intermediate Levels Rs. 20,000/- (includes a specially designed series of in house course modules.)
- Advanced Level Rs. 25,000/= (includes the internationally accepted course book ’English for Business Studies’ by Ian MacKenzie and specially designed supplementary course material)
Application Fee – Rs, 500/-
Application Procedure –
- Pay Rs, 500/= to reference No, 304024800001 at any People’s Bank branch.
- Submit the copy of the bank receipt (for Rs. 500/-) to the English Language Teaching Unit, (2nd Floor, New Arts Building. Reid Avenue), University of Colombo with the name of applicant written dearly on the reverse of the receipt.
- Application forms will be issued between 9.00 a.m, and 3.00 p.m. from July 07, 2014 (Except Public Holidays and July 10th and 11th 2014). On Sundays, application forms will be issued till 12,30 p.m. only.
- Closing date for the issue of application forms is Friday, September 05, 2014,
Classes will be hold at three levels – Preliminary, Intermediate and Advanced according to the proficiency level of the students. Applicants should be 18 years or above.
A selection test will be held on Sunday. September 07th 2014 at 09.30 A,m, in the Examination Hal, Ground Floor, Faculty of Law,
For further details: call Colombo University learn English for a business environment on 011 2506705 or see below image