The Postgraduate Diploma in Ecotoxicology & Pollution Management (PGEPM) is a one year programme offered by the Department of Zoology, University of Colombo. This course will be useful to persons from both public and private sectors who are involved with industries that emit hazardous contaminants into the environment, persons involved in environmental monitoring and risk assessment and those dealing with the regulation of, and use and emission of, environment contaminants, and for academics and researchers.
- Designed to provide knowledge on the current status and future trends of environmental pollution
- Imparts knowledge on the fundamental concepts of Ecotoxicology
- Provides skills needed for the assessment and monitoring of environmental contaminants and ecosystem health
- Hands-on experience in the use of laboratory and field equipment
- Will increase employment opportunities in a wide range of fields
- Modules provided mainly on-line allowing students to study at their own place & during the non working hours
- Exposes students to foreign experts
Applicants should have a B.Sc. degree from a recognized university or any other relevant qualification acceptable to the Senate of the University of Colombo and work experience in a related field. Applications are available at College House, University of Colombo or can be downloaded from http://science.cmb.ac.lk/departments/zoology/courses-offered/
Course fee: Rs. 90,000/= payable in two installments
Deadline for applications is the 29th August, 2014.
For further details email Dr. Mayuri R. Wijesinghe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Commencing in September 2014
For more details see below image
Leave a Reply