Applications are invited from those who are suitable to follow the Certificate Course in Teaching in Higher Education (CTHE), which will be conducted by the Staff Development Centre (SDC) of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
This course is specially designed for the university academic staff. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission to fulfil the requirements to apply for confirmation after completion of the probationary period of lecturers in university services. This course is also designed to play an essential part for career development programme in the university system. The course is scheduled to be commenced in March, 2014.
|Medium of instruction:||English|
|Course duration:||Minimum 6 months|
|Learning methods||Face-to-face sessions, group activities, eLearning and self-leading etc|
|learning locations||In-class Training at SDC/USJP, OutwardBound Training at Belihuloya Course|
|fees||: Rs. 30,000/-|
- Orientation to the current trends, challenges and future developments of the university system
- Active learning, teaching and assessments
- Improvements of research competencies required for a university academic
- Use of modem technologies in successful teaching
- Improvement of professional, interpersonal and soft skills
- Enhancement of quality of life of university academics
- Improving the contribution of the academic community towards promoting extracurricular activities of the student community.
- Microteaching sessings – practice sessions
- Portfolio assessment
- Evaluation procedures
Method of Application:
Payment of Rs. 500/ – has to be made to the A/C No. 097-1001-6-2315454 at People’s Bank, Gangodawila and submit the receipt along with the application
Self-made applications including your full bio-data has to reach the Director, Staff Development Centre, University of Sri Jayewardenepura on or before 28.02.2014 by registered post
If any clarification is needed, you can contact the Programme Manager/Staff Development Centre through 011-2758271 or 011-2758470
or see below image