Bachelor of Education Degree Programme 2014/2015 by Open University of Sri Lanka
The Open University of Srilanka invites applications for Bachelor of Education degree programme for especially on Natural sciences; for the academic year of 2014/2015.
Bachelor of Education (Natural Sciences) Programme is a four academic year programme especially planned for Science/Mathematics teachers The Faculty of Education conducts the level 5 and level 6 of the programme. The applicants should posses the following qualifications to register for levels 5 and 6 of the programme.
Requirements to register for Level 5
B. Sc/ B. Ed students of the OUSL
- Obtained eligibility in courses adding up to 72 credits and passes in courses equal to at least 45 credits at Level 3,4,5 (maximum of 6 credits from level 5 of the B.Sc programme of the OUSL)
- Obtained a B.Sc (Natural Sciences) Degree from a recognized University
Requirements to register for Level 6
- Obtained eligibility in all courses (72 credits) and passes in courses equal to 54 credits at Levels 3,4/5 (maximum of 6 credits from level 5) of the B.Sc programme of the OUSL and
- Obtained eligibility in all courses (36 credits) at Level 5 of the B. Ed (Nat. Sc) Degree Programme or Exempted from all courses at level 5 of the B. Ed (Nat. Sc.) Degree Programme.
Exemptions from Level 5
Teachers who have successfully followed the 3 year Teacher Education programme of a National College of Education and hold the Diploma in Teaching Science/Mathematics would be exempted from Level 5 of B. Ed Programme (Only for internal students)
Application forms and Particulars
- Present B.Sc/B. Ed students of the OUSL who wish to register for Level 5/Level 6 of B. Ed programme, if they have fulfilled the necessary requirements mentioned above, should send their own applications giving the registration number, name, national identity card number, address and the qualifications (results of B.Sc Level 3,4/5) to reach Head, Department of Secondary & Tertiary Education, Faculty of Education, The Open University of Sri lanka, Nawala, Nugegoda on or before 15.02.2014 (They need not purchase an application form)
Note : Those students who will register for B.Ed (Natural Sciences) degree programme will not be allowed to complete B.Sc Degree programme.
- New students who wish to register for Level 5 of the B. Ed programme, if they have fulfilled the necessary requirements indicated in 1.0(b) should obtain an application form and prospectus from the OUSL Application forms will be available from 14.01.2014 to 15.02.2014.
Cost of Application form and brochure is Rs. 350.00. Applications can be obtained as indicated below.
- From the public Information Office, Open University, Nawala by personally calling between 9.00am 3.00 p.m on any day of week excluding Public holidays. (Payments by cash or credit card)
- From the Regional Centres at Kandy (Polgolla, Matara, Jaffna, Anuradhapura and Batticaloa between 9.00a m. to 3.00p.m. except Sunday, Monday and Public Holidays (Payments by cash only)
Once you complete filling your application form correctly you should post it with the postcard provided, to Asst. Director, the Regional Center, where you have obtained the application to be received on or before 15.02.2014. Please write your address in the relevant place of the Post Card and affix a stamp.
Prospective applicants could also submit applications online by visiting our webpage (www.ou.ac.lk). Relevant payment could be made online through Debit / credit card.
Faculty of Education : 2805566 /2807565 /28S3777 – Ext: 398 Public Information Office : Tel. 0112 881256/ 327
For more detail see below image