Open University of Sri Lanka invites applications for the Postgraduate Diploma in Special Needs Education (PGDSNE) Programme for 2016/2017.
Online applications are being entertained for the above programme from 23rd October 2016.
- English Medium academic activities of the Programme would be conducted only in Colombo Regional Centre
- Special Needs Education academic activities of the Programme would be conducted only in Colombo Regional Centre
- Other academic activities of the Programme would be conducted in Colombo, Kandy in Tamil and Sinhala Medium, Ampara, Jaffna, Batticaloa, and Hatton in Tamil Medium.
- Should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification acceptable to the Senate of the Open University of Sri Lanka and
- Should be a Teacher or a Principal of a recognized school or an In-service Teacher Adviser or a Teacher Educator or an Officer in the Sri Lanka Educational Administrative service or a full time Lecturer (University, College of Education, Technical Colleges and Teacher Training Colleges) or a Government Teacher. Centre Manager or a Project Officer (National Institute of Education) and
- Should have been appointed on or before 16th December. 2015 and in continuous service from the first appointment date
The applicants will be called to the possible nearest centre for academic activities in case of an insufficient applicant for a particular centre.
The Ministry of Education has given the approval to recognize the PGDSNE as equal to PGDE with the condition that prospective candidates should be engaged in Special Needs Education by the time they apply for this programme.
Apply online by visiting our web page : https://payment.ou.ac.lk
Submission of Applications from : 23rd October 2016
Closing Date of Applications : 23rd November 2016
Application fee : Rs 800/=
Brochures containing details of the above programme can be downloded from www.ou.ac.lk Application fee could be paid online using a debit / credit card or EZ Cash.
Those who do not have a debit / credit card can make the payment in cash to the nearest Regional / Study centre of the OUSL after submitting the application form on-line. Those who need assistance in filling the on-line application form can visit the nearest Regional / Study centre of the OUSL as given below.
Visit any one of the OUSL Regional and Study Centers to obtain information and assistance in the online application process.
Colombo (Nawala), Anuradhapura, Batticaloa. Jaffna. Kandy (Polgolla), Matara(Nupe), Badulla, Kurunegala, Ambalangoda, Ampara, Bandarawela, Gampaha.Galle, Ambalantota, Hatton, Trincomalee, Kilinochchi, Mulative, Kalutara, Kcgallc, Monaragala, Potonnaruwa, PuttaJam, Ratnapura and Vavuniya
For further information contact: Public Information Office. The Open University of Sri Lanka. Nawala. Nugegoda from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. (on all days except public holidays) All other centers from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. (on all days except Sundays, Mondays and Public Holidays) on 0112881492 /011 2881399