Ministry off Science, Technology and Research and National Science Foundation invites applications for the financial support for innovative technology proposals.
Technology grant proposals are invited under two schemes;
- Support for technology development
- Support for start up businesses based on novel technologies
Funds are provided for
- Development of new products, processes and services with a commercial potential
- Development of prototypes
- Quality improvement of existing products/ processes
- Scaling up of laboratory research
- Industrial designing
- Efficient use of resources resulting in significant cost reduction
- Reverse engineering or technology adaptation
- Technology acquisition to suit local environment
- Development of viable substitutes for imports
- To establish start up businesses based on novel technologies
Who can apply
Universities and R&D institutions
*Conditions are applied
Completed applications in triplicate should be addressed, with a CD to the Director General, National Science Foundation (NSF).
Please indicate the scheme applied on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Applications not submitted to the NSF format will be rejected.
Applications prepared to the NSF specified format should reach NSF by 30th November, 2016 at 3.30 p.m.
Effective technology grant proposal writing workshop will be held on 16th November, 2016 and interested applicants are encouraged to register online.
For more information visit http://www.nsf.ac.lk/index.php/researchers-a-academics/tech-d-grants for program details and application form.
For more details contact to National Science Foundation on 011-2696771-3, 011-2676766 or see below image