The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is pleased to allocate Scholarships for meritorious but financially needy Muslim Students in Sri Lanka, who are selected for admission to the University for Agriculture, Dental, Engineering, Medicine & Veterinary faculties. The Students will be paid Stipends thrice a year plus grants for books & clothing each year.
The IDB Scholarship is a grant from the IDB and offered as an Interest Free Loan to the Students, to be refunded in easy instalments, after completing their studies and after accepting remunerative employment. The recipient students are expected to refund the Scholarship amount to the Trust created for the purpose, for the future use of other needy students.
The Applicants must fulfil the following requirements
- Should have passed the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination held in August 2013 and have the Z-Core results to admission to the Universities.
- Should not be in receipt of any other Scholarship locally or abroad
- The student of his/her parents must be financially unable to pay for education.
- Students benefitting from this Scholarship must undertake to serve his/her country and community for a period of not less than the duration of the repayment of the Scholarship amount.
- Age should not exceed 24 years on 31st December 2014.
- Should produce the Bio-Data and the certified Copies of the Advanced Level Result Sheet 2013, Birth Certificate, NIC, Grama Niladhari report
Those who are qualified as mentioned above should register Post the required documents on or before 30th September 2014.
SRI LANKA ISLAMIC CENTRE,
10, Rajapokuna Mawatha, Maligawatta, Colombo 10